Welcome to Grandbaby Blues

A place to share your blues, missing your grandbabies. Tell me how you keep that close bond of a grandparent. Share how you've kept in touch from a distance.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Baby on the Way

A new baby will grace the ranks of our family come September. Tomorrow we will find out if it will be a girl or a boy. Doesn't matter-we'll love them both the same. There are nine years between the first two, and three between the last two. Perfect all around. They don't live across the country now. They are only 10 hours away. We manage to get in 2 - 3 visits a year. I'd love to take them for a weekend, or just for the evening so my daughter and her husband can have a 'date night'. When the second one came along, I worried that my grandson, who is quite a bit older and had all our attention for so long, would be jealous of the new baby. He adores his little sister. Now the little girl will move to the middle child position, and my worry is for her. She will be 3 shortly after the new baby arrives. She still needs her mommy quite a bit. She still wakes frequently at night, and only mommy will do. I also worry for my daughter who will need her sleep, and will be contending with two little ones at once. Life has a way of working out without my help. they are all in loving hands, my son-in-law.

No comments: