Welcome to Grandbaby Blues

A place to share your blues, missing your grandbabies. Tell me how you keep that close bond of a grandparent. Share how you've kept in touch from a distance.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Little Concerns

Yesterday I called my daughter and a little voice picked up. It was my little granddaughter, Makenzie. She jabbered something that my daughter translated a few minutes later as, "I got a Happy Meal. I didn't get a Shrek." How often in life do we anticipate one thing and get another. It won't be the first or only time for her. We spend so much time wanting, stressing, worrying over these little concerns. We miss the little surprises that pop in their place. LIke the Pinnochio toy she got instead of Shrek. An opportunity to fall in love with a different Disney character. He happens to be my favorite.

No comments: