Welcome to Grandbaby Blues

A place to share your blues, missing your grandbabies. Tell me how you keep that close bond of a grandparent. Share how you've kept in touch from a distance.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Call

I just finished my Saturday call with my grandson. This time he called me. What a wonderful treat to pick up the phone and hear that sweet voice at the other end. Sometimes it feels like we don't have much to say to each other. I ask the standard questions; How're you doing in school? What have you been reading lately? Have you written in your journal? Can you make a picture for me? His responses are usually short. Doesn't matter. I understand. The news is old news to him. He's already lived it. I asked my daughter to help with this by having him keep a small pocket notebook to make a list of things to tell Gubba. Hearing his voice is the best gift. The things he says is the icing on the cake.

No comments: