Welcome to Grandbaby Blues

A place to share your blues, missing your grandbabies. Tell me how you keep that close bond of a grandparent. Share how you've kept in touch from a distance.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Missing My Grandson

Going about my morning preparations for work, I encountered leftover evidence from my grandson's weekend visits. I was rattling around in the kitchen, preparing my lunch for the day, and as I opened the cabinet door, mini marshmallows came tumbling out. Memories of our weekends together came tumbling along with them; snuggling in bed together, morning chatter, starving for breakfast, sipping hot chocolate overflowing with mini marshmallows. My heart overflowing with reminiscences, tenderness, and love, my eyes spilling tears, I called my grandson, connecting Arizona and New York with love.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Laurie,

Congratulations on your new blog. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it.

Love,
Pat