Welcome to Grandbaby Blues

A place to share your blues, missing your grandbabies. Tell me how you keep that close bond of a grandparent. Share how you've kept in touch from a distance.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fragrant Memories

Resurfacing Memories

Resurfacing memories
Floating into view
Held by long strings
Yanked into the present
By unlikely connections
Snatches of songs
A familiar wafting scent
Little vignettes
Reenacted afresh
Eliciting emotions
Long since grieved and buried
Connected now to a new circumstance
On a shorter string

I talked to my daughter this afternoon. She had gone shopping at the mall and bought a new fragrance at Bath and Body. When my grandson smelled it, he told her it smelled like Gubba.

My sis suggested I make a small pillow for his bed and spray it with my fragrance, to help him feel close to me when he's missing me.

No comments: