Welcome to Grandbaby Blues

A place to share your blues, missing your grandbabies. Tell me how you keep that close bond of a grandparent. Share how you've kept in touch from a distance.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Reality Check

Returning home, we had just a few days to unpack, do laundry, and pack our bags for our next trip. We were off again for 4 days. I had a conference at the beautiful Loew's Ventana Canyon Resort. A few days after returning from the conference, our daughter called. I could hear the little ones playing in the background. She called Donnie over and asked if he wanted to talk to Gubba. He got on the line and said in a sad voice, "Pawpaw". He was already missing his Papa. My husband is quiet, and although loving with the grandkids, I am the one that plays with them. That was my reality check; I come in second to his Papa.

No comments: