Welcome to Grandbaby Blues

A place to share your blues, missing your grandbabies. Tell me how you keep that close bond of a grandparent. Share how you've kept in touch from a distance.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Staying Connected

I've probably said this a million times, I always thought I'd be close by my kids and remain a part of their lives. Well, life has other plans. They grow up and move away, and if you are very lucky, they keep in touch. My daughter has done an excellent job of keeping me informed of their daily lives. That's the best part, the ordinary going-ons of their days. It helps me picture them there in their home. When she calls with a triumphant report of Kenzie's potty training, I hear her announce in the background, "I did it!". These little things she calls to tell me are 'big' things to me. I AM a part of their lives.

No comments: