Welcome to Grandbaby Blues

A place to share your blues, missing your grandbabies. Tell me how you keep that close bond of a grandparent. Share how you've kept in touch from a distance.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Little Angel

My grandson, from time to time, would get into a little trouble. My daughter and I would discuss the issue, and I would give her some advice on how she could handle the situation. During a conversation with my daughter, she made some remark about Cedric's recent behavior. When I questioned her further, she told me that Cedric didn't want her to tell me about his bad behavior, because "she thinks I'm an angel." I have always been the one he runs to when in trouble. No matter what the behavior, I always love him. Not that his parent don't, I think it's just that when he's in trouble with his parents, he feels that for awhile. He may have chores or consequences afterwards, and probably feels disappointed with himself. With his gubba, he gets that immediate comfort of unconditional love. I don't have to dole out the punishment, just love. And I LOVE doing just that!

No comments: